World Missions Possible, Inc. (WMP) is an annually audited Houston, Texas-based non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. WMP believes that it is the responsibility of every person to help people share "Great Love" through an unbiased and loving outreach to those in need of medical or humanitarian support, especially in rural, hard-to-reach, or under-served population areas.
Since 2001, World Missions Possible has provided medical and aid outreach in
hard-to-reach, overlooked, and underserved rural areas in 16 developing nations
(including Bulgaria, Burundi, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Ghana, India, Nicaragua,
Mexico, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Togo, Uganda, USA, Viet Nam, and
Zambia). To date, WMP has
provided approximately 590 surgeries, 5,560 medical exams and care, 6,000 eye
exams, and distributed over 7,750 free pairs of eyeglasses – all free of charge
to the patients. The organization has been recognized as "Best in
America" by Independent Charities of America. Operating as an audited 501(c)3 organization,
World Missions Possible averages 3%-5% administrative costs, as it has no hired
staff and has always relied 100% on volunteer support and donors. WMP is a
proud member of Combined Federal Campaign "Charities Under 5%
Overhead" (2012 & 2013). More information is available at: 1-800-579-7470
To that end, we provide financial support to other 501(c)(3) organizations for specific mission projects, as determined by the Board of Directors. Additionally, and aided by a board of veteran missioners, WMP conducts projects, trips, and/or sponsors, guides and assists mission projects conducted by other groups.
Our nationally recognized Federal Combined Campaign Charity List is #12270.
To make a donation, Go to our "How You Can Help" page or click the GiveDirect button below.
World Missions Possible supports the following types of projects:
- Medical, Surgical and EMS (ATLS, ACLS, BLS) projects, equipment, supplies, training and facilities
- Educational and Medical Sciences programs
- "I Care" - Eye Care & Vision Screening & Free Eyeglasses programs
- Disaster Relief
- Other projects deemed qualified by WMP Board of Directors.
In the words of some of the recipients of
World Missions Possible's rural healthcare in West Africa:
“I have been here 3 years and there was nothing given to me until the World Missions Possible came with drugs and medical equipment. We are now in good health. We have seen great changes in our health and have renewed our strength to do our farming. So I thank the doctors.” - 46 y/o Abdul Ayuisheitu
“I would like to say that without your help, some of us would have died through illness, so I hope you will not stop helping us.” - 33 y/o Budahi Asane
Who We Are
World Missions Possible was incorporated in May 2001 as a Texas non-profit corporation. In September of 2001, it was recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as "exempt from federal income tax under section 501(a) of the Internal Revenue Code as a publicly supported organization described in section 501(c)(3)". Therefore, all contributions to the organization are tax deductible.
- For information on our Board of Directors, see "Board of Directors" page.
- To view our completed projects, select an area of interest (medical, housing, etc) and look through the project photos, stories and team project information.
- To see what we have got planned in the future... Click on "Upcoming Projects" and check out some of the new projects we're sponsoring.
- If you'd like to help or maybe even become a part of a planned project - Hit the "How You Can Help" page.
- We're always there to answer any questions you might have on a WMP application, a mission trip - or even getting started on your own mission project! Contact us today!
Thank you for visiting World Missions Possible.org!